Dragonboy IT & Electronics Journey

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Get a Mac - Mac Vs PC

Just reading from the web and found some advertising about Mac and PC.

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

The website above shows 2 person characters
PC and Mac. its quite funny, but put it this way, I will still not buying a Mac :) as simple as that.

But if you want to see what the advertising looks like: just go to the website above. Dont forget you will need a Quick time player though.

In simple word: Its just advertising. Windowx XP never fails me, I have been using it for my work, my play, and I am very satisified, so no complaints, and beside, oops, I can get a new Windows XP machine cheaper than Mac.

Sounds like I am a PC? maybe :), because I do not like to get confused when I am at work using Windows PC and at home using Mac. oops, where is the software again?? ahh i forgot its on my mac. Oops.

Other than that ask yourself this question:
1. What a Mac OS can do that a Windows OS can not do?
Practically: NONE

Or alternatively, what a Windows OS can do, but a Mac can not do?
Practically: A LOT :), more gaming, More software choices. More hardware choices. I could even choose to upgrade motherboard, memory etc. That way, the cost can be trimmed down since there are a lot of variety.

Virusses ?? Well, Mac OS will have its time too. Its not a mater that Windows have more virus than Mac. But which one can close the "hole" faster :).

If its an old virus, forget it, the current anti virus will be able to block that.
The thing that you need to worry, is a "new hold" and how fast you can block that hole.

With Windows? Like it or not, even 3rd party vendor can do it for you :).
With Mac? Oops, you are stuck for now.

finally, .....$$$$$$$$$$ time :)
Which one cost you more? A Windows OS or a Mac OS?
Finally it bog down to cost. Windows PC will cost less than a Mac PC. Eventhough a Mac can run Windows with bootcamp, but oh well, not all software can run on it yet :P. and it cost you more to get that machine.

The list can grow on and on. but for now, I will stick with my Lenovo Thinkpad T42 :).



cya.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mac has a better design. How do you top that?

just being annoying,

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats alright.

Everybody has a preference. but certainly I am not a design person.

I "ONLY" like a bare PC:
1. Medium Tower
2. Sliding case
3. thats all

for the design :)

I do not need a beautiful PC :)
In fact for the past 5 years, all my PCs are like that. No branded at all since I want to custmise it myself. I prefer more RAM and Hard-disk than spending money to a design PC.
For what ????

It will only reside...you know where ?????
At the bottom of my table. Nobody will notice how beautiful my PC is :)

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home