Dragonboy IT & Electronics Journey

Monday, February 27, 2006

Logitech Pro 4000 Webcam







The 1st day I arrived in Sanjose in August 2005, I need to get a hold of webcam. I bought a Logitech Pro 4000 from Fry's for 99.90 USD excluding the tax.

Brought it to the hotel and tested it and to be honest, I like the quality. Everything is perfect.

What is good:
1. Install the driver - no hassle immediately work
2. Use it with MSN -> works
3. Use it with Yahoo -> works
4. Use it with Skype -> works fine
5. Picture quality is excellent

No complaint, and this webcam got a builtin microphone too. Except I seldom use it since my notebook came with a builtin microphone, so I am using the notebook one instead of the webcam.

But as of now, the Pro 4000 is a bit obsolute, there is a new model Pro 5000, I want to try it out but cant justify myself since I only own the Pro 4000 for a few months *sigh*. So I will need to wait for at least a few more months before I can buy this model.

What is new at Logitech Pro 5000
1. Light technology is better
2. the microphone got a built in noise filter
3. You can use animation in MSN for your photo, of course it wont perfect, but I still think its nice than yo see your own boring face all the time he he he.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home